Friday, September 20, 2013

Apocalypse and the Millennium in the American Civil War Era: A Preview

I'm now about one month into life as a PhD student, and it's been a blast. I've got three research papers underway, all of which I'm really excited about. Once I get those wrapped up, I'll probably get back to blog posting on a semi-regular basis.

In the meantime, my monthly post at the Religion in American History Blog is up. In it, I interview Ben Wright and Zach Dresser, the editors of a new collection of essays that explore the themes of millennialism, apocalypse, and providentialism during the Civil War Era. It's a fantastic collection of essays, and it features work from a number of scholars for whom I have great respect. The book is set to be published this November by LSU Press, for those who might be interested in checking it out.

Here's the link to check out what Wright and Dresser have to say about Apocalypse and the Millennium in the American Civil War Era.