Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Year in Review: My Favorite Music in 2014

It's time for my annual year-end list of favorite albums. I'm no music critic, so my criteria for which albums make the cut follows the Lemon test: I know what I like when I hear it. Normally I'd write a little blurb for each of these twelve albums, explaining why it's a favorite. Unfortunately, I'll have to set aside that little extra flourish this year due to time constraints.

With that said, onto the list!

Favorite Song: Patriarch
Favorite Song: The Dark (Trinity)

Favorite Song: Hundreds of Ways



Favorite Song: Hands Up



Favorite Song: Say I Won't



Favorite Song: I'm Not Part of Me




Favorite Song: Nobody's Smiling




Favorite Song: Always Waiting




Favorite Song: Shut In



Favorite Song: Angel Duster




Favorite Song: Knock, Knock, Knock




Favorite Song: Burning




Thirteen Honorable Mentions:
LA Symphony - You Still on Earth?
Your Old Droog - Your Old Drug
Big K.R.I.T. - Cadillactica
Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Pinata
Rick Ross - Mastermind
Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty
How to Dress Well - What is This Heart?
Sun Kil Moon - Benji
Lykke Li - I Never Learn
Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss It All
The Orwells - Disgraceland
Jamie T - Carry on the Grudge
Old 97s - Most Messed Up

No comments:

Post a Comment